In response to COVID-19, Governor Pritzker by Executive Order 2020-07 is requiring the suspension of on-premises consumption of food and beverage in all businesses in the State of Illinois. This mitigation measure is one several social distancing responses currently mandated in the entire State of Illinois. The Executive Order is attached for your reference.
THIS ORDER BECOMES EFFECTIVE TONIGHT, MARCH 16, 2020 AT 9:00 PM THROUGH MARCH 30, 2020.
ALL BUSINESSES MUST SUSPEND SERVICE FOR FOOD OR BEVERAGE FOR ON-PREMISES CONSUMPTION.
• You may continue to sell food or beverage for off-site consumption; by means of in-house delivery, third party delivery, drive-through, and curbside pick-up.
• Customers may enter your establishment only for the purchase of carry-out, provided there is enough space to maintain adequate distance of 6 feet between people.
BEGINNING MARCH 18, 2020, ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE GATHERINGS IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS OF 50 PEOPLE OR MORE ARE PROHIBITED.
• A public or private gathering includes community, civic, public leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions, and any similar event or activity that brings together 50 or more people in a single room or a single space at the same time.
• This includes venues such as fitness centers/health clubs, bowling alleys, private clubs, and theatres.
• This does not include venues that provide essential goods or services such as grocery stores, hospitals, pharmacies, gas stations, banks/credit unions, and shelters.
IN ADDITION, YOU ARE REMINDED OF THE NORMAL PRECAUTIONS PER THE ILLINOIS FOOD SANITATION CODE:
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
upon first arriving to work, after using the restroom, before and after eating frequently throughout the day.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Frequently sanitize commonly touched surfaces and objects Use an EPA approved sanitizing solution such as Chlorine 50-100, follow product label for other approved sanitizers. (counter tops, door knobs, faucet handles, drive through counters etc.) Change the sanitizing solution frequently.
• Ensure the dishwasher and/or three-compartment sinks are used properly and have the appropriate level of sanitizer for final rinse.
If you have any questions please contact the Environmental Health Division at (618) 296-6079 or email EH@co.madison.il.us .