Delinquent Billing Procedures:
Residential: $30 per month
Commercial: Minimum monthly charge of $30 for 7,500 gallons. Thereafter $2.14 per 1,000 gallons used.
- Last Day of Month: Bill is mailed 15th of following Month: Amount due
- Day 16: 10% penalty assessed on any current past due balance
- 3 Months later: Second Monthly bill is mailed (includes any previous balance and penalty fees) A Red Notice is sent in addition to bill card.
- 6 Months later: Third bill is due. (Included any previous balance and penalty fees) Notice of Water Shut-Off is sent.
- One Month later: If payment has not been made to the Sewer Department – Water service is shut-off; and a $90.50 fee is added to the Sewer bill. Both the shut-off notice fee and the shut-off of service fee will increase each time you receive a written notice or when service personnel are sent to your address during the same fiscal year.
Penalty/Shut-off Notice/Shut-off of Service
The Village must impose these additional fees to defray costs for late notices, shut-offs, and service resumptions so that delinquent customers, and not all rate-payers, pay these costs. Please keep your account up to date to avoid these penalties.
- PENALTY: 15 days after a bill is issued and unpaid, a 10% penalty is assessed on the current charges amount only.
- SHUT-OFF NOTICE: A shut-off notice will be issued for any balance unpaid after 3 quarters of non-pay.
- ACTUAL SHUT-OFF OF SERVICE: Service personnel will be sent to shut-off water to an account address with a past due balance unpaid after 3 quarters and ample notice of shut off. A $90.50 shut-off fee will be added to your bill when personnel are sent to your address. This fee, along with any previous balance and penalties or fees, must be paid prior to resumption of service.
Both the shut-off notice fee and the shut-off of service fee will increase each time you receive a written notice or when service personnel are sent to your address during the same fiscal year.
How to pay your bill:
To Pay Electronically: Go to the On-Line Pay Section of Godfreyil.org website.
To Pay by Mail: Please direct your remittance to our Seer Department at: Village of Godfrey Sewer Department, PO Box 54, Godfrey, IL 62035
To Pay in Person: Payments maybe drop off at the following locations:
- Sewer Department – 4725 Brecht Lane, Godfrey, IL between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday; or
- Village Clerk’s Office – 6810 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday.
- For your convenience, a 24 hour DROP BOX is located to the left of the front door at 6810 Godfrey Road.
Please put your account number on your check and allow 7 days for mailing. Your bill is not considered paid until payment is received by the village. Please include the remittance portion of the bill with your check for fast and accurate credit to your account. The Village of Godfrey is not responsible for postal delays. Thank you for your cooperation.