Sewer Department FAQ

Sewer Department FAQ2018-07-20T11:52:34-05:00

Related Pages

Do I need to contact the Sewer Department when I am selling my property?2018-06-28T16:14:30-05:00

The Sewer Department needs to be notified when you are selling your property so we may set up the final billing. Sanitary sewer fees are billed after service, quarterly.

My property is vacant; can I have my sewer bill stopped?2018-06-28T16:14:52-05:00

Sanitary sewer cannot be shut off, however, the billing may be discontinued if you have the water turned off by the water company for a period of 90 days. After the 90 day period, you may file an Affidavit of Abatement with the Sewer Department to cease sewer billing until the water is turned back on. Failure to report that the water has been turned back on will forfeit the abatement credit.

I just filled my swimming pool with water, can I get a credit on my sewer bill?2018-06-28T16:15:12-05:00

No. Residential sanitary sewer billing is a flat rate of $30.00 per month. You are not billed by water usage. Commercial customers are the only ones billed by consumption.

I smell sewer gas in my home, what is wrong?2018-06-28T16:15:32-05:00

Most likely your traps are dry. By running water in all your drains, it should alleviate the odor.

My sewer drain is gurgling and backing up dirty water, what should I do?2018-06-28T16:15:54-05:00

Always call the Sewer Department first (618) 466-3334. The staff will come to your home and check the main sanitary sewer line. If it is flowing correctly, you will then need to contact someone to clean your personal lateral line from your home to the main line.

If I see a manhole lid ajar or water overflowing from one, should I call and report it?2018-06-28T16:16:18-05:00

Yes. Our staff works diligently to maintain the sanitary sewer system. However, emergencies such as these can occur and we appreciate being informed of these situations so that we can rectify the problem, call (618) 466-3334.

Sewer Department Additional Links

Related Pages