The Township has 2 programs available.
The General Assistance program helps a person on a monthly basis for as long as that person is eligible for assistance.
The Emergency Assistance program helps a person who is determined to have a life-threatening need one time within a twelve month period. The person applying for assistance must be a resident in Godfrey Township for 12 months in order to be eligible.
The payment amount varies. It is based on household size.
The office is located at 6810 Godfrey Rd. (US 67) at the Godfrey Y. The office is approximately 3.5 miles north of Homer Adams Parkway.
An application can either be filled out at the office Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00AM – 12:00PM, picked up and returned at a later date or mailed to your address. Call the office to get more details at 618-466-3378.
The following is a list of documents that will be needed. Copies of all documentation may be made during office hours.
- A picture drivers license, state ID card, military ID Card, or other identification with picture for every adult in the household.
- Social Security card for everyone in the household.
- Proof of application and/or denial for food stamps from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Proof of application and/or denial for cash assistance (TANF) from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Proof of application and/or denial for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration, where applicable.
- Proof of application and/or denial for Social Security Disability from Social Security Administration, where applicable.
- If claiming disability, doctor report on current condition and probable length of disability.
- Proof of application and/or denial for Unemployment Insurance benefits from the Illinois
- Department of Employment Security, where applicable.
- Proof of registration for work opportunities with Illinois Department of Employment Security.
- Proof of parenthood for children claimed by an applicant. (Example: Birth Certificate)
- List of addresses where applicant has resided for the last five years.
- Complete name, address & telephone number of current landlord or house mortgage holder.
- Proof of high school diploma, GED certificate, and any college degrees.
- List of financial institution accounts including checking account, savings account, certificate of deposit account, etc.
- The list should have institution name, address, & account number. (Example: Most recent bank statement)
- Proof of current residence. (Example: rent receipt, utility bill)
- Title to any vehicles owned or the name and address of the lien-holder.
- List of employers with addresses for the last 5 years.
- Paycheck stubs for the last 90 days.
- Rental Agreement, if applicable.
- Shut-off Notice, if applicable.
- Eviction Notice, if applicable.