Welcome to the Village of Godfrey Building and Zoning Department
The Village Building and Zoning Department is responsible for:
- Issuing permits for new construction commercial and residential, additions, alterations, plumbing, roofing, pools, fences, electrical, and signs. This also includes reviewing all plans related to permitting.
- Processing applications for rezoning and variance hearings.
- Issuing ordinance violations for weeds, junk, trash, derelict vehicles, and property maintenance.
- Verifying zoning classifications.
- Inspections for
- New construction
- Fire damage
The Village of Godfrey has Adopted the following:
- Building Code used by the Village of Godfrey: 2018 International Building Code
- Electric Code used by the Village of Godfrey: 2011 NEC
We require a 24 hour notice for any inspections. If you know when you need your inspection please call and schedule. We do not do inspections same day.
Occupancy permit applications are available online. We do not accept payment over the phone or online.
It is best to have your real estate agent fill out the application. We need buyer and seller’s information complete on form or it will not be accepted.
Anytime a property changes owner an Occupancy permit is required.
Building and Zoning Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – Noon & 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
Building and Zoning Permit Forms